It was 30 years ago today when the pillows first formed, and since that time they've garnered more fame and popularity than most Japanese rock bands would ever dream of! Join King Baby Duck as he looks back at the band's three-decade career, spinning classics and recent melodies from their entire discography! From Pantomime and RUNNERS HIGH to MY FOOT and Rebroadcast, our host covers just about every speck of dirt that the Hokkaido-based rockers treaded upon!
PLAYLIST (with album/single links):
- the pillows - Stand Up And Go (from the Pantomime EP) [out of print]
- the pillows - This Is My Fashion (from the album Moon Gold)
- the pillows - Twilight Park Waltz (from the album KOOL SPICE) [out of print]
- the pillows - NATIVE WORLD (from the album Living Field) [out of print]
- the pillows - Swanky Street (from the album Please Mr. Lostman)
- the pillows - HYBRID RAINBOW (from the album Little Busters)
- the pillows - Midnight Down (from the album RUNNERS HIGH)
- the pillows - Back Seat Dog (from the album Happy Bivouac)
- the pillows - Monster C.C (from the album Smile)
- the pillows - Ritalin 202 (from the album Thank you, my twilight)
- the pillows - I Know You (from the album PENALTY LIFE)
- the pillows - Degeneration (from the album MY FOOT)
- the pillows - BOAT HOUSE (from the album Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!)
- the pillows - Ladybird girl (from the album PIED PIPER)
- the pillows - Emerald City (from the album HORN AGAIN)
- the pillows - Break A Time Machine! (from the album Moondust)
- the pillows - Subtropical Fantasy (from the album STROLL AND ROLL)
- the pillows - Hang a vulture! (from the album NOOK IN THE BRAIN)
- the pillows - Before going to bed (from the album REBROADCAST)
All the way to the edge of this world, it's NBNR Presents: the pillows 30th Anniversary Special!
The Boston Bastard Brigade kindly encourages you to support these artists, and buy their songs/album. You can find the majority of these releases on CDJapan.co.jp, YesAsia, Amazon.com, Apple Music, the bands' official websites & Bandcamps, and your local record stores.