The summer's going by quickly, even if it feels like it's dragging more due to the lack of social stuff happening. But that's okay, as King Baby Duck looks at two pieces of entertainment that you can stream now on HBO MAX: J.G. Quintel's new cartoon Close Enough and Seth Rogen's latest film An American Pickle. Plus, on this week's edition of "A Bastard's Soapbox", find out why the phrase "Think of the children!" is one of the most absurd rally cries, especially now during this virus outbreak.
PLAYLIST (with album/single links):
- Sakuran Zensen - TAXIMAN (from the album I am SAKURAN-ZENSEN)
- MARGARET with BUNNYS - Aeba Suki Suki (7" single) [out of print]
- Anton Barbeau - Manbird (from the album Manbird) [in stores September 18th]
- KYUSO NEKOKAMI - Fesu Yukitai (from the album 10-Dai de Dashitakatta)
- MONKEY MAJIK - I Need Your Love (from the album northview)
- Orville Peck - Buffalo Run (from the album Pony)
- Sleez Sisters - Dead Or Alive (from the compilation album Collection)
- TRI4TH - Sunny Side (from the album jack-in-the-box)
- Baby Shakes - Summer Sun (from the album Starry Eyes)
- Eiichi Ohtaki - Waga Kokoro no Pinball (from the album A LONG VACATION)
- THE CHERRY COKE$ - Social Network Slave (from the album OLDFOX)
- KnightressM1 - Lock and Key (digital single)
- MY FIRST STORY - 1,000,000 TIMES (from the album V)
Going down smoothly like good seltzer water, it's No Borders No Race: Episode Ni-Hyaku-Go-Juu-Ni!
Opening theme: "The S.S. Shitstorm" by the_Stampede (from the album A Marvel of Idiocy)
The Boston Bastard Brigade kindly encourages you to support these artists, and buy their songs/album. You can find the majority of these releases on CDJapan.co.jp, YesAsia, Amazon.com, Apple Music, the bands' official websites & Bandcamps, and your local record stores.
Promotional consideration for tracks three and twelve made by Shameless Promotion PR. Special thanks to Mike Rogers for contributing tracks one, seven, and nine!