With Boston cautiously reopening, King Baby Duck takes a look at the new Scooby-Doo! film, discovering just how faithful it is in its new 3D realm. Listeners pays tribute to rock's greatest heroic, but is the end result diluted? Plus, our host looks at the movie Uncut Gems, and sees a very under-appreciated performance pulled out of Adam Sandler.
PLAYLIST (with album/single links):
- The Tuesday - Swingin' (from the album The Tuesday)
- BABYMETAL - Starlight (from the album METAL GALAXY)
- Lazaris Pit - Cloudsculpting (from the album Coniphers)
- Satellite Young - New World Banzai (digital single)
- Nayutan Hoshibito (feat. Hatsune Miku) - Alien Alien (from the Hatsune Miku Project DIVA MEGA39's 10 Anniversary Collection)
- Fucked Up (feat. Jennifer Castle and J Mascis) - Came Down Wrong (from the album Dose Your Dreams)
- TEXACO LEATHER MAN - Jason Bill (from the album DUKE)
- Eir Aoi - Rasen Sekai (from the album FRAGMENT)
- Wolfhounds - Can't See The Light (from the album Electric Music) [in stores July 3rd]
- Otoboke Beaver - Suki Suki Darling (from the compilation album Okoshiyasu!! Otoboke Beaver)
- Luv-Enders - On Your Radio (from the album Explosion!)
- X - Strange Life (from the album ALPHABETLAND)
- Crossfaith - Truth of Insanity (from the SPECIES EP)
All filled with Scooby Snacks, it's No Borders No Race: Episode Ni-Hyaku-Yon-Juu-Roku!
Opening theme: "The S.S. Shitstorm" by the_Stampede (from the album A Marvel of Idiocy)
The Boston Bastard Brigade kindly encourages you to support these artists, and buy their songs/album. You can find the majority of these releases on CDJapan.co.jp, YesAsia, Amazon.com, Apple Music, the bands' official websites & Bandcamps, and your local record stores.
Promotional consideration for tracks three and nine made by Shameless Promotion PR. Special thanks to Mike Rogers for contributing tracks one, seven, and eleven!