2018 is coming to a close, which means it's time once again to count down our favorite albums of the year! However, this time around, we're doing something different. That's right: two different lists! On today's episode, King Baby Duck dives into the very best music the J-POP world had to offer this year, with returning favorites and even a couple of new faces showcased on the list!
See which Japanese album lands atop our pedestal on No Borders No Race: The Top Ten J-POP Albums of 2018!
The Boston Bastard Brigade kindly encourages you to support these artists, and buy their songs/album. You can find the majority of these releases on CDJapan.co.jp, YesAsia, Amazon.com, iTunes, the bands' official websites & Bandcamps, and your local record stores.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Amazon - Shop. Connect. Enjoy. All from Earth's Biggest Selection.
DON'T SCROLL DOWN ANY FURTHER UNLESS YOU WANT THE LIST RUINED BEFORE YOU LISTEN!!!
PLAYLIST (with album links):
- The Molice - The Ray (from the album GATE)
- BAND-MAID - Fate (from the album World Domination)
- Bird Bear Hare and Fish - Wake Up (from the album Moon Boots)
- the pillows - Ningen Domo (from the album REBROADCAST)
- SOIL & "PIMP" SESSIONS - Dusk (from the album DAPPER)
- Perfume - Tokyo Girl (from the album Future Pop)
- THE CHERRY COKE$ - A-Yo (from the album THE ANSWER)
- ORESAMA - cute cute (from the album Hi-Fi POPS)
- The50Kaitenz - Crazy Jijii (from the album The50Kaitenz)
- Gesu No Kiwami Otome - Sassouto Hashiru Tonegawa Kun (from the album Suki nara Towanai)
- TsuShiMaMiRe - Karipaku (from the Night and Morning EP) [Best Japanese EP of 2018]