No Borders No Race: The SXSW 2017 Edition
It's March, and that can only mean one thing: South By Southwest Festival time! Join King Baby Duck on his annual nod to the festival that opened his eyes widely to the Japanese music scene, as we spin 13 artists from Japan, two from South Korea, and two from our own neck of the woods! Plus find out all that you need to know about when to check these artists out, as well as the lowdown for this year's Japan Nite tour!
PLAYLIST (with album/single links):
- Walkings - Flying Fly (from the album Ana)
- ANALOGIX - Typing (from the Ri-Man Skill EP)
- Otoboke Beaver - Oniisan Anone (from the compilation album Okoshiyasu!! Otoboke Beaver)
- Pile - dogs (from the album A Hairshirt of Purpose) [available March 31]
- Srv.Vinci - Vinyl (from the Tokyo Chaotic EP)
- RIRI - Ready For Love (from the I love to sing EP)
- The fin. - You Can See It In The Blue (from the album Days With Uncertainty)
- Galaxy Express - Horongbul (from the album Galaxy Express)
- MIYAVI - ALIEN GIRL (from the album The Others)
- Chai - Futae-Centre (from the Hottaraka-Series EP)
- Chihiro Yamazaki+ROUTE14band - Fairy Tale (from the album Oto no Sekai)
- Potty Mouth - Creeper Weed (from the POTTY MOUTH EP)
- Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra - Heaven's Door (from the album PARADISE BLUE)
- DJ RS - Dooms Night (official Soundcloud page)
- Satellite Young - Dividual Heart (from the Dividual Heart EP)
- Yoonmirae - Jamcome On Baby (digital single)
- Hanato Chiruran - Tokyo Eden (from the album S x M =)
Let the festivities begin! It's No Borders No Race: The SXSW 2017 Edition!
The Boston Bastard Brigade kindly encourages you to support these artists, and buy their songs/album. You can find the majority of these releases on CDJapan.co.jp, YesAsia, Amazon.com, iTunes, the bands' official websites & Bandcamps, and your local record stores.
Promotional consideration for tracks one, two, five, six, ten, and seventeen made by Audrey Kimura of Benten Label