No Borders No Race: The Top 30 Japanese Albums of 2000-2019 (Part One)
Eleven years of Boston Bastard Brigade, fourteen years of No Borders No Race, over 2000 posts posted, and we're about to reach Episode 250! There's lots to celebrate this July here at B3, so what's King Baby Duck going to do about it? Well...he's revisiting the greatest albums that Japan has unleashed to the world in the last two decades! From mainstream to indie, pop to punk, and the critically-acclaimed to the under-appreciated, our host covers some of the best acts and albums that the Land of the Rising Sun have blasted into our eardrums!
So let the countdown begin with No Borders No Race: The Top 30 Japanese Albums of 2000-2019 (Part One)!
Opening theme: "The S.S. Shitstorm" by the_Stampede (from the album A Marvel of Idiocy)
The Boston Bastard Brigade kindly encourages you to support these artists, and buy their songs/album. You can find the majority of these releases on CDJapan.co.jp, YesAsia, Amazon.com, Apple Music, the bands' official websites & Bandcamps, and your local record stores.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Amazon - Shop. Connect. Enjoy. All from Earth's Biggest Selection.
DON'T SCROLL DOWN ANY FURTHER UNLESS YOU WANT THE LIST RUINED BEFORE YOU LISTEN!!!
PLAYLIST (with album links):
- ORESAMA - Hi-Fi TRAIN (from the album Hi-Fi POPS)
- Dir en grey - Toguro (from the album Uroboros)
- Peelander-Z - Pun! Pun! Punkrock! (from the album P-Bone Steak) [out of print]
- melt-banana - My Missing Link (from the album Fetch)
- THE CHERRY COKE$ - Oblivious (from the album Rouse Up) [out of print]
- YUI - feel my soul (from the album FROM ME TO YOU)
- Guitar Wolf - Fireball Red Legend (from the album LOVE&JETT)
- Satellite Young - AI Threnody (from the album Satellite Young)
- Maximum the Hormone - Zetsubou Billy (from the album Buiikikaesu!!)
- Anna Tsuchiya - ecstasy (from the album strip me?)
- shing02 - Wankyoku (from the album Waikyoku) [out of print]
- noodles - Culture (from the album GOD CABLE)
- Soil & "Pimp" Sessions - PLUTO (from the album PIMPOINT)
- Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra - Modern Melancholy (from the album Tokyo Ska-Lorful Collage)
- Boris - Pseudo-Bread (from the album Pink)