Crunchyroll Announces Anime Expo 2019 Plans
Popular anime streaming site Crunchyroll has some huge things happening at this year's Anime Expo! From zombie girls to shonen scientists, the range of events occurring are off many a scale!
At the Crunchyroll booth (Booth #2600), fans can nab a free drawstring bag offered in four different designs including Mob Psycho 100, Dr. STONE, That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, and The Rising of the Shield Hero, with one available each day per person until supplies run out. Fans can purchase items from Crunchyroll’s exclusive Anime Expo line of merchandise only at AX from July 4-7 or until supplies sell out. In celebration of the upcoming Dr. STONE premiere, fans can grab a Senku headband and pose with living petrified statues around the booth, inspired by the new series.
Crunchyroll is also launching a new digital collectibles app, Crunchyroll Digital Drops, where fans can collect and trade virtual stickers from various anime titles via QR Codes at specially placed locations at the Crunchyroll booth, Crunchyroll HQ and more. Fans are invited to stop by daily to scan for new digital drops for a chance to collect them all.
Check out the list of panels Crunchyroll will be holding during the convention:
Crunchyroll Presents: World premiere of Dr. STONE with special guests (Thursday, July 4 - 12:00 - 1:00PM, Main Events [Hall B])
Crunchyroll Games Industry Panel (Thursday, July 4 - 5:30 - 6:30PM, Room LP3 [408 AB])
Crunchyroll x MAPPA Presents: Zombie Land Saga Stage Event & To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts Premiere (Friday, July 5 - 12:00 - 2:30PM, Video 1 in JW Marriott [Diamond Ballroom])
Crunchyroll Presents: World Premiere with Mamoru Miyano - In/Spectre (Friday, July 5 - 4:00 - 5:30PM, Room LP2 at JW Marriott [Platinum Ballroom])
Stay Crunchy! Those who live anime. (Friday, July 5 - 5:30 - 6:30PM, Room WS1 [403 B])
Crunchyroll Industry Panel (Saturday, July 6 - 2:30 - 3:30PM, Room LP1 [Petree Hall])
The Official Crunchyroll-Hime Panel!(Saturday, July 6 - 4:00 - 5:00PM, Room LP3 [408AB])
Being LGBTQ+ in the Anime Community (Sunday, July 7 - 10:00 - 11:00AM, Room LP5 [404 AB])
Offsite Anime Expo, fans are invited to visit Crunchyroll HQ at The Novo, featuring some of our interactive activations throughout the venue. These include:
- Crunchyroll Games- Attendees will have the opportunity to demo a variety of upcoming Crunchyroll Games before their official launch.
- The Shield Hero Training Room - Attendees can test their skills as the shield hero in our training room by popping balloon monsters with their very own shield.
- Tower of Slimes - Fans can snap a photo with our tower of giant plush slimes, inspired by That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime.
- Black Clover Photo Op - Fans can also pose with Asta’s anti-magic sword wearing one of our Black Bulls robes.
- Crunchyroll Expo Booth - Fans who purchase tickets for the upcoming Crunchyroll Expo (8/30 - 9/1 in San Jose) can receive a free vintage CRX tee with ticket confirmation while supplies last.