No Borders No Race: Episode Hyaku-Nana-Juu-Kyu
King Baby Duck returns from LA with an all-music episode! However before he dives into the playlist, he shares his experience being under the same roof as a member of the famous studio sessions group The Wrecking! Crew! Plus our host finally gets to feature an era of Japanese music that'd never been heard on his show during its eleven-year history: the pop & rock artists of the 1960s!
PLAYLIST (with album/single links):
- Jun Mayuzumi - Black Room (from the album Angel Love) [out of print]
- The50Kaitenz - Captain of America (from the Do You Remember? EP)
- The Black Watch - A Story (from the album The Gospel According to John)
- The Napoleon - Koi O Kesunda (from the compilation album GS I Love You)
- Daisy*glitteR - Affectation (digital single)
- Mark Lanegan Band - Beehive (from the album Gargoyle)
- fhána - reaching for the cities (from the "Hello!My World" single)
- Shonen Knife - Sheenah is a punk rocker (from the album Osaka Ramones)
- Lex Audrey - Different Ground (from the God Given EP) [available September 29]
- Chiyo Okumura - Koi No Dorei (from the album Night Club no Chiyo Okumura) [out of print]
- Guitar Wolf - Summertime Blues (from the album Jet Generation) [out of print]
- 68creep - Black Cat (from the album Goodnight, Sweet Betty)
- Lind & The Linders - Koi Ni Shiberete (from The Complete Recordings Of Lind & Linders) [out of print]
Mr. Tambourine Man's gonna play a song for you! It's No Borders No Race: Episode Hyaku-Nana-Juu-Kyu!
The Boston Bastard Brigade kindly encourages you to support these artists, and buy their songs/album. You can find the majority of these releases on CDJapan.co.jp, YesAsia, Amazon.com, iTunes, the bands' official websites & Bandcamps, and your local record stores.
Promotional consideration for tracks three & twelve made by Shameless Promotion PR, track nine by High Violet PR & Plugging, and track five by Tom Melesky.