After celebrating the announcement of his recent favorite manga getting an anime adaptation, King Baby Duck welcomes directors Jonathan Yi and Michael Haertlein, whose film Mad Tiger follows the Japanese punk band Peelander-Z while big lineup changes occurred. Hear about how they managed to get everyone speaking out of character, how anyone watching this film can relate to struggles showcased in the film, and which band our host suggests the duo should focus on for a future documentary. Then Andrew & Jonathan Fleming of Wicked Anime stop by to talk about Mamoru Hosoda's latest film The Boy and the Beast, and how it ranks compared to our favorite anime director's past works (plus some Star Wars references)!
- Sayuri - Sore wa Chiisana Hikari no you na (CD single)
- Peelander-Z - Mr. Tea (from the album Space Vacation)
- Math the Band - Why Didn't You Get a Haircut? (from the album Math the Band the Band - The Album)
- GaGaalinG - Little Giant On My Shoulder (from the album Royal Blood) [out of print]
- Mr.Children - Starting Over (from the album REFLECTION [Drip])
Served medium rare, it's No Borders No Race: Episode Hyaku-Ni-Juu-Go!
The Boston Bastard Brigade kindly encourages you to support these artists, and buy their songs/album. You can find the majority of these releases on CDJapan.co.jp, Amazon.com, iTunes, the bands' official websites & Bandcamps, and your local record stores.