No Borders No Race: Episode San-Juu-Nana
King Baby Duck corrects himself as he explains why he reported on a Nintendo news story that (predictably) turns out to be fake, and praises the Grammys for finally embracing electronica with Daft Punk getting the big wins. A long-deserved memorial to Hideki Yoshimura of bloodthirsty butchers (who passed away last year) is given, as KBD laments on the hardships of doing a J-POP show far away from the scene itself. Then Hayao Miyazaki throws a jab at otaku ruining the anime industry, and our host gives advice to those wanting to be a part of the industry on how to better themselves as storytellers.
Plus on this week's "Nazo-Nazo Nihongo" Sawa-sensei shares what her New Year's was like, and teaches our listeners some of the traditions that take place during the start of a new year.
- Tommy heavenly6 - MILK TEA (from the album TOMMY ICE CREAM HEAVEN FOREVER)
- BEAT CRUSADERS - CLOWN FOR THE DAY (from the album POP ON ARRIVAL)
- Sleepy Kitty - Don't You Start (from the album Projection Room)
- bloodthirsty butchers - Korinai Men Men (from the album youth)
- THE CHERRY COKE$ - Country Roads (from the album SEVEN)
- Teddybears (feat. Flaming Lips) - Crystal Meth Christian (from the album Devil's Music)
- Guitar Wolf - Can-Nana Fever (from the album Jet Generation)
- Asian Kung-Fu Generation - Machine Guns to Keiyōshi (from the album Landmark)
- The Change Up - Monday Morning (official Facebook page)
- BERRY ROLL - Daydreaming (from the album Daydreaming)
- FLiP - Konya Tsuki De Aimashou (from the album XX emotion)
Banging the drum hard and heavy, it's No Borders No Race: Episode San-Juu-Nana!
The Boston Bastard Brigade kindly encourages you to support these artists, and buy their songs/album. You can find the majority of these releases on CDJapan.co.jp, Amazon.com, iTunes, the bands' official websites & Bandcamps, and (in some cases) at your local record stores.