No Borders No Race: Top Twenty Albums of 2016 (Part One)
The year is coming to an end, which means it's time for King Baby Duck to look at the very best records of 2016! For the first time, the Japanese music scene overtakes the list, with the rest of the world filling up a decent share of the spots. Our first half has a plethora of styles to your liking, from art rock & psychobilly punk to country folk & multi-instrumental hip-hop! Plus, hear some album of the year picks from Nerdy Show founder Cap and Shuffled Podcast host Giggy-san!
Lift up the curtain and get the show started! It's No Borders No Race: Top Twenty Albums of 2016 (Part One)!
The Boston Bastard Brigade kindly encourages you to support these artists, and buy their songs/album. You can find the majority of these releases on CDJapan.co.jp, Amazon.com, iTunes, the bands' official websites & Bandcamps, and your local record stores.
PLAYLIST (highlight to reveal):
- Koo Koo Kanga Roo - You Are The Best (from the album The Triangle Of Success: A Motivational, Inspirational Audio Guide To Achieving Your Dreams)
- Molice - Kira Kira (from the album FiVE)
- Kristin Hersh - Bubble Net (from the album Wyatt at the Coyote Palace)
- Perfume - Relax in the City (from the album Cosmic Explorer)
- Hikaru Utada - Ore no Kanojo (from the album Fantôme)
- Savages - Evil (from the album Adore Life)
- shing02 + Cradle Orchestra - Mad Stressor (from the album Zone of Zen)
- Guitar Wolf - Amoeba Love Song (from the album T-Rex From a Tiny Space Yojouhan)
- Astronoid - Up & Atom (from the album Air) [Giggy-san's Album of the Year Pick]
- case/lang/veirs - Best Kept Secret (from the album case/lang/veirs)
- the pillows - Radiotelegraphy (from the album STROLL AND ROLL)
- Garoad - Believe in Me Who Believes in You (from the album VA-11 HALL-A: Second Round) [Best Video Game Soundtrack]