Reminder: Boston Festival of Indie Games Is Tomorrow!
The second annual Boston Festival of Indie Games is being held tomorrow at the MIT Stratton Student Center & Johnson Athletic Center, and ESH & B3 will be there to cover the highlights of the event! If you haven't registered yet, it's not too late! Just click here, and get your FREE ticket to the indie show of the year!
Here's all the info you need to know about it:
Registration hours - Registration opens at 10am. Closing hours coming soon!
Registration Location – Johnson Athletics Center – outside (in the JAC Lobby in case of weather)
Food Court Hours
Food Truck Hours and location coming soon!All info about times/availability of food around the immediate area around MIT is here, including name, type of food, and hours for each: http://dining.mit.edu/venues-
Exhibitor Hall Hours
Exhibitor Hall public hours – 10am to 6pm
Exhibitor Hall Location – Johnson Athletics Center, Ice Rink
Tabletop Hall Hours
Tabletop Hall public hours - 10am to 7pm
Tabletop Hall Location – Stratton Student Center, 2nd floor, Sala de Puerto Rico
Art Exhibit Hours
Art Exhibit public hours - 10am to 10pm
Art Exhibit Location – Stratton Student Center, 2nd floor, West Lounge
Main Theatre Schedule
All located in lecture hall room 10-250 (Building 10, second floor)
Located in the Maclaurin Buildings – Building 10 is the Great Dome, overlooking Killian Court
- 10:00am: Opening Ceremony
- 10:15am: Film: “Made for Play: Board Games & Modern Industry”
- 11:00am: Keynote: Robin Hunicke
- 12:20pm: The BostonFIG Indie Lightning Round
- 1:45pm: Short Features from the Special Edition of Indie Game: the Movie
- 2:00pm: Keynote: Chris Remo
- 3:00pm: Film: “Us & the Game Industry”
- 4:30pm: Back in the Dungeon – A conversation with Brian O’Halloran and Ethan Gilsdorf on how D&D changed their lives.
- 5:15pm: FILM: Zero Charisma
- 6:45pm: Boston: The Cradle of Narrative Games
- 8:00pm: Game Jam Presentations & Figgies Award Ceremony
- 9:45pm: Closing Ceremony
Featured fest content to be emceed by film actor, Brian O’Halloran, “Dante” from CLERKS!
Stratton Student Center – Building W20, 3rd Floor – Mezzanine Lounge
- 10:20am: Unity – Creating Multi-Platform Game and Graphics Optimization
- 11:10am: Mindgrub – The Essential Steps For Mobile Games Success!
- 12:00pm: Darren Korb – Let’s Compose: with Darren Korb
- 12:50pm: Unreal Engine/Epic Games – Once Upon a Time: Giving Players the Freedom to Create Their Own Story
- 1:40pm: Paul Neurath – The Good the Bad and the Ugly of Game Startups
- 2:30pm: Microsoft – Intro to Game Development on Windows 8
- 3:20pm: Adobe – Tune Your Game Designer/Developer Workflows
- 4:10pm: TriplePoint PR – How To Do Your Own PR (and When Not To)
- 5:00pm: Darren Shield, Esq. – Intellectual Property Law and Game Development
- 5:50pm: Corona Labs – Create 2D Cross-Platform Games with Corona SDK: Code Less, Play More
Boston Plays Indies
The Middle East Downstairs
472 Massachusetts Ave Cambridge, MA 02139
7:00pm – Doors
8:00pm – Deadbeatblast
9:00pm – Control Group
10:00pm – DJ Cutman
11:30pm – Video Game Orchestra
Don't delay, be a part of the fun!