No Borders No Race: The Top Japanese Albums of 2021
The Japanese music scene had its ups and downs, but even through the rubble, King Baby Duck found the best albums the Land of the Rising Sun had to offer. From pop and rock to jazz, our host counts down the ten records that made the best impression in 2021! Plus, our good buddy Mike "From Tokyo" Rogers pops by to share his Top Five Japanese Songs of 2021!
Opening theme: "The S.S. Shitstorm" by the_Stampede (from the album A Marvel of Idiocy)
Special thanks to Mike Rogers for taking the time to record!
The Boston Bastard Brigade kindly encourages you to support these artists, and buy their songs/album. You can find the majority of these releases on CDJapan.co.jp, YesAsia, Amazon.com, Apple Music, the bands' official websites & Bandcamps, and your local record stores.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Amazon - Shop. Connect. Enjoy. All from Earth's Biggest Selection.
DON'T SCROLL DOWN ANY FURTHER UNLESS YOU WANT THE LIST RUINED BEFORE YOU LISTEN!!!
PLAYLIST (with album/single links):
- Eri Sasaki - Haru no Tonari (from the album Colon)
- fox capture plan - Andromeda (from the album NEBULA)
- Soil & "Pimp" Sessions - Soulful (from the album THE ESSENCE OF SOIL)
- the peggies - Hello Sugar (from the album The GARDEN)
- Mono - Imperfect Things (from the album Pilgrimage of the Soul)
- ORESAMA - Chewy Candy (from the album CONTINEW WORLD)
- tricot - BAKURO (from the album Jodeki)
- PUFFY - Tsumibukai Kamo Shirenai (from the album THE PUFFY)
- CHAI - Nobody Knows We Are Fun (from the album WINK)
- SACOYANS - ghost world (from the album Gasoline Rainbow) [TOP JAPANESE ALBUM OF 2021]
- TsuShiMaMiRe - Shot You (from the SAKE MAMIRE EP) [TOP JAPANESE EP OF 2021]