UPDATE (MARCH 6, 2020): The 2020 SXSW Festival has been cancelled due to concerns over the ongoing coronavirus.
The annual South By Southwest Festival is just around the corner, and -- per tradition -- King Baby Duck has the ultimate guide to the
sixteen seventeen artists from Japan that will be performing at the event (as well as one duo from a certain Shinichiro Watanabe-directed anime)! Plus get all of the info for this year's annual Japan Nite tour, which is celebrating one hell of a milestone!
PLAYLIST (with album/single links):
- Uchikubi Gokumon-Doukoukai - TAVEMONO NO URAMI (from the Madamada Shinmai EP)
- the fin. - Gravity (from the album Wash Away)
- Dos Monos - Clean Ya Nerves (Cleopatra) (from the album Dos City)
- yonawo - Mademoiselle (digital single)
- Haru Nemuri - NARASHITE (from the album Haru to Shura)
- eX-Girl - The Crown of Dr. Keroninstein (vinyl single)
- Sen Morimoto - People Watching (from the album Cannonball!)
- Ningen Isu - Heartless Scat (from the album Shin Seinen)
- Nai Br.XX ＆ Celeina Ann - Beautiful Breakdown (from the soundtrack Carole & Tuesday Vocal Collection Vol. 2)
- Otoboke Beaver - yobantoite mojo (digital single)
- Wez Atlas - IDK (digital single)
- THE TOMBOYS - Vilgilia (from the NOW'N'RUN EP)
- CVLTE - Falling Apart (digital single)
- SULLIVAN's FUN CLUB - PINK YELLOW BLUEZ (digital single)
- MIRRROR - never fall in love (from the what it was EP)
- TRI4TH - BANDWAGON (from the album jack-in-the-box)
- KYUSO NEKOKAMI - DQN Naritai, 40-Dai de Shinitai (from the album 10-Dai de Dashitakatta)
- ChihiroYamazaki+ROUTE14band - Ready for the Party (from the Ain’t No Distance EP)
Ready to party Austin-styled, it's No Borders No Race: The SXSW 2020 Special!
Opening theme: "The S.S. Shitstorm" by the_Stampede (from the album A Marvel of Idiocy)
The Boston Bastard Brigade kindly encourages you to support these artists, and buy their songs/album. You can find the majority of these releases on CDJapan.co.jp, YesAsia, Amazon.com, Apple Music, the bands' official websites & Bandcamps, and your local record stores.
Promotional consideration for tracks one, six, twelve, sixteen, and seventeen made by Audrey Kimura of the Benten Label.